The Administrative Manager will coordinate and perform a diverse set of support tasks, managing both staff and property, to ensure the organization and its facilities have the staff and resources needed to operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Trains clerical and administrative staff
- Assists with performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Assists with discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Coordinates temporary staff assignments.
- Manages human resource aspects of company along with job postings, hiring, payroll and benefits, as well as creating, updating and enforcing policies and procedures, maintains all policies and procedures manuals
- Contact for utilities (power, phone, etc.) and Iron Mountain Shredding services
- Oversees the acquisition, distribution, and storage of company supplies and shared support services such as mailing, printing, and copying; security; and cleaning and maintenance.
- Annual company license renewals
- Manages Knowify (project management system)
- Analyzes and reviews contracts for projects
- Orders bonds for projects that require same
- Manages prequalification requirements of construction companies we do business with and updates annually
- IT support
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings in assigned areas; recommends and implements policy or process changes as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior ability to identify and solve problems and to conduct cost-benefit analyses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software
- Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical systems, and procedures.
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic business and managerial principles as applied to resource allocation, leadership technique, staff and resource coordination, strategic planning, and human resource modeling.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time, with or without accommodations
- Ability to navigate various departments and locations of the company