We are looking for an upbeat individual to be the primary point of contact for existing and potential members and the manager of Eastfield Cowork, the new shared workplace and coworking community in Johnston County, North Carolina . The ideal candidate takes pride in building and establishing our vibrant community, offers excellent hospitality, and filters all work through the lens of an incredible member experience.
Strategic community building is a key focus in this position. The Community Manager should be passionate about Johnston County’s past, present, and future. They will thrive on connecting with others in regard to their personal goals and their venture’s mission.
Job Description: The Community Manager serves as the main point person onsite. Their primary goals are to create a dynamic and diverse community, maintain a comfortable and approachable facility, provide excellent customer service, recruit new members, and retain members by building strong relationships within Johnston County and even across the Research Triangle area. They should have a passion for the growth and development of Johnston County and the Eastfield mission. An ideal candidate is enthusiastic about people, a self-motivated and organized work ethic, and can creatively and effectively create solutions and opportunities for growth within the community.
Member Retention + Business Growth Tasks:
- Proactively connect members to one another for collaborative opportunities and networking
- Maintain strong relationships with members—provide support and create new initiatives to better assist/encourage members in their work
- Plan, organize, and host community events to encourage learning and connections (Member Happy Hours, Lunch & Learn, etc.).
- Work creatively with other team members
- Coordinate with other team members to maintain 90% occupancy in coworking and office suites
- Create monthly occupancy reports that track changes in membership
- Strategically reduce churn and grow membership base by developing compelling campaigns, events, etc.
- Actively generate leads, help prospective members decide on joining the community, and close deals
- Greet members/visitors, respond to emails, accept packages, sort snail mail, etc.
- Manage campus inventory and procurement for special events
- Work with the Events Hall and Food Hall managers to plan special collaborative events
- bUtilize coworking software to manage the space and membership details (will be trained, not complicated)
- Complete all membership agreements and office suite agreements for new members
- Prepare membership reports and manage a monthly budget
Work to build a team by recruiting and training new - Interns/Community Ambassadors to successfully cover daily responsibilities
- Schedule/organize all outside events including rentals at night or on the weekends (as needed)
- Troubleshoot any facility, equipment, or supply issues that impact members
- Conduct tours and provide information to prospective new members
- Conduct new member onboarding and introductions to other community members
- Host onsite events for additional revenue (as needed)
- Work to fix any operational/technological issues
- Keep the space looking great by cleaning up, emptying the dishwasher, and stocking the kitchen (as needed daily or weekly)
- Manage the facility on a daily basis including opening and closing of the building, making coffee, program setup, and teardown, etc.
- Manage and execute all weekly and monthly maintenance rhythms
- Manage all inventory, technology, equipment, and other amenities for a smooth member experience
- Manage all facility maintenance with vendors and subcontractors
- Streamline facility maintenance
The ideal candidate has:
- An outgoing personality and is an initiator of relationships
- Enjoys talking with people and getting to know them
- Experience in community-building
- Experience in sales or possesses the enthusiasm to learn and implement
- Experience in hospitality or a related field that can demonstrate the ability to multitask while keeping a focus on customer experience
- Has experience in minor event planning or at the very least in fields with skills that would lend to event planning.
- A positive attitude and keen focus on hospitality
- An intuitive ability to calmly and quickly solve problems
- A desire and ability to provide excellent customer experience
- Acute attention to detail
- A team player mindset
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Hours: Full-Time (~40-45 hrs/week), typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, but occasionally on call nights and weekends
Compensation: $45-55K base salary.
Start date can be immediate, once onboarding takes place, but flexible around the needs and transition of the hired candidate. This will involve being activated and present for much of the planning and organizing during the build-out and leading up to the launch of the physical space, as well as anticipatory administrative planning for opening/launch. Currently the Launch Date for the space is April 2023.