Location: My Kid’s Club in Selma and South Smithfield Elementary Locations
Pay: $15 per hour
Hours: 3:00 to 6:30 Monday through Friday
My Kid’s Club Needs You!
Join a passionate team at a growing organization serving youth in Johnston County, North Carolina. My Kid’s Club (MKC) delivers daily programming to students ages 6-16 designed to help them learn the skills and attitudes they need to grow academically, succeed in their chosen career, and give back to the community. Our clubs are located on the campuses of Selma Elementary School and South Smithfield Elementary School.
The Counselor provides care and supervision for MKC club members. The Counselor provides leadership and guidance to youth members and is responsible for implementing daily programming and activities. A Counselor provides a safe, joyful, and empowering experience to youth members, promotes academic success, growth in character, civic engagement, and other habits that underscore healthy living as part of the MKC’s mission.
- Encourage and inspire youth ages 6 to 16 from various backgrounds
- Implement program activities in a manner consistent with MKC values
- Make meaningful relationships with all members, staff, and parents
- Provide experiences for all youth, including growth and development opportunities
- Provide leadership and guidance for volunteer staff
- Adhere to program standards and risk management policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies
- Attend staff meetings, special events, and training as required
- Communicate positively with members, participants, and other staff
- Clean and organize rooms for daily operations
Experience & Expertise Required
- Two or four-year degree from a college or university
- Experience teaching or as teacher assistant in a classroom setting
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances, including strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Great communication skills
- Organized and able to multitask
- Passion for youth education
- Position requires bending, reaching, and constant movement