For more info & to apply: IGIV-C Material Control Tech
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The IGIV-C Material Control Operator coordinates, plans, and maintains materials and supplies inventory to ensure uninterrupted production of IGIV-C.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Departmental SAP subject matter expert responsible for the majority of departmental SAP transactions.
- Coordinates, plans, and facilitates raw material and supply deliveries required to support all IGIV-C manufacturing activities including procurement from on-site warehouse and off-site vendors
- Monitors IGIV-C production schedules to ensure II+III paste availability to meet current and planned schedules.
- Operates IGIV-C Bulk Chemical Storage Tank Farm large volume storage of 37% Hydrochloric Acid, 50% Sodium Hydroxide, and Glacial Acetic Acid.
- Offloads bulk chemical tanker trucks following approved SOPs , BPRs, and safety requirements. Coordinates tanker delivery schedule with chemistry department and procurement.
- Maintains IGIV-C substores area, paste loading dock, and IGIV-C gray space in a safe and compliant manner.
- Procures specialized materials, tools, components and supplies to meet production requirements. Ensures materials meet the requirements of the site materials clearance program.
- Monitors and replaces CIP100 Day Tank as needed to ensure sufficient CIP100 is available to maintain department CIP circuit cleaning.
- Monitors resin inventory for IGIV-C and warehouse distribution and stages resin for column change outs using Shelf Life Expiration Date (SLED) inventory control method.
- Retrieves and evaluates data from multiple sources, including Batch Production Records, SAP, and laboratory test results for entry into departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Performs weekly cycle counts of raw materials, plasma intermediates, and supplies to support site financial objectives. Uses Distributed Control System to monitor bulk chemical storage tank levels and operate tank farm. Forecasts chemical usage based on production plan and place orders for bulk chemicals to ensure delivery to meet plan. Identifies any unusual results or trends and escalates as appropriate. Ensures that materials, supplies, and intermediates are appropriately labeled and stored according to site procedures and cGMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Participates on and may take a leadership role in site and/or departmental improvement projects such as Total Process Reliability (ToPR), Continuous Improvement, Gross Margin Improvement, etc. Reviews batch production records to verify that materials used for process orders are correctly reconciled within SAP. Communicates any documentation discrepancies to departmental documentation specialist for review and correction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to perform mathematical calculations and be proficient with computers.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree.