For more info & to apply: Purification Technician
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Purification Technician I/II/III
The Plasma Purification Technician performs fundamental and complex tasks within a GMP environment by cleaning and maintaining the workplace, cleaning, assembling and disassembling operating equipment per applicable procedures, assisting with process control manipulations and maintaining records/logs in accordance with current standard procedures.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Performs all duties described at the Purification Technician level.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge, understanding and application of GMP and housekeeping requirements.
- Independently operates production equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to trouble-shoot, identify and analyze unusual situations and recommend appropriate action for safety and product integrity.
- Demonstrates considerable initiative in job performance so that close supervision is not necessary.
- Cooperates and works with those in other departments as well as those in the immediate area to aid in a constructive approach toward departmental problems and process or equipment changes as instructed by supervisor.
- Processes products through final sterile bulk stage (i.e. dilution, dispensing and proper sampling).
- Assists in training less experienced operators in production, GMP and housekeeping.
- Performs bulk processing and filtration involving processing parameters (i.e. pH, weights, suspension, etc.).
- Performs real time documentation during production run and maintains accurate records/logs.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Isolate target proteins from intermediates and process to a sterile bulk and deliver for filling.
Experience: See education
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Candidate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent plus Bioworks Certificate or a high school diploma plus 1-year production manufacturing experience in a regulated industry (i.e. FDA, USDA, NRC) within the past 5 years or a 2 or 4 year college degree.
Knowledge: Basic math skills, basic computer skills, mechanical aptitude, detail oriented, ability to work in a team environment and exercise good judgment.
Education: See Experience
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 12 months as a Technician in his/her respective department before receiving consideration for advancement to Purification Tech II. Employee must receive a minimum of a meet’s expectations overall rating on his/her most recent performance review.
Basic math skills, basic computer skills, mechanical aptitude, detail oriented, ability to work in a team environment and exercise good judgment.
Experience: Requires 12 months as a Technician II and on target for a PMP rating of "Achieves Expectations" or 9 months as a Technician II and on target for a PMP rating of "Exceeds Expectations" level.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements.
Occupational Demands: Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with rotating shifts. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to chemicals, electrical manufacturing equipment and moving machinery. Exposure to high levels of noise and to extreme cold below 32*. Personal protective equipment required such as; protective eyewear, chemical suits, safety shoes and/or rubber footwear, gloves, hearing protection and a respirator. Work is performed standing and walking for 6-8 hours per day. Sits for 2-4 hours per day, occasionally bends and twists neck and waist. Frequent movement of hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Light lifting of 15lbs for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 65lbs. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Frequently performs routine tasks by following a set of written or oral instructions/procedures.