Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Leads the planning and organization of specific job assignments. Contributes to budget development/adherence in defined areas. Coaches and teaches members of the department and develops and delivers performance evaluations. Provide support and guidance technical, engineering, manufacturing or HES standards/programs. Meets customer needs in support of business goals.
• Drive technician growth and skill enhancement through your passion for developing individuals and the broader team.
• Foster a robust feedback process, construct developmental plans and execute them.
• Communicate a compelling vision, identify key milestones, and track progress with appropriate follow up.
• Find common ground and foster cooperation in order to settle disputes equitably.
• Personally committed to, and actively working toward, improving your technical and professional skillset.
• Measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and use data to drive improvements into the work execution process.
• Provide strategic leadership, understanding the current state of the team and department, and give input and recommendations on future resource utilization.
• Action oriented and energetic, seizing opportunities or challenges to promote the education and growth of the team.
• Engage in the day to day activities of Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians in support of various maintenance activities at the site.
• Assign priorities of both scheduled and unscheduled work to assure a minimum impact of production operations.
• Assure compliance with cGMP, OSHA, and HES policies and procedures performed during troubleshooting, calibrations, preventative maintenance, shutdown and project activities.
• Supported systems consist of, but are not limited to various Distributed Control Systems, PLC’s, process instrumentation, electrical switchgear, power distribution, and uninterruptible power supplies.
• Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting, repair of distributed control systems (Delta V, ABB, SCADA, etc.), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human machine interface (HMIs).
• Possess technical expertise of process equipment and control elements to include: electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, temperature, pressure, level, flow, weight and weighing systems, analytical devices, NIST Standards.
• Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting and repair of electrical supply and distribution up to 480v AC
• Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting and repair of variable frequency drives
• Provide technical expertise on critical switchgear across the site and own the maintenance and coordination process for those systems.
• Provide direction on the modification, installation and start up of new and existing instrumentation, process control systems and electrical equipment
Conforms to established company beliefs and values with integrity. Promotes and drives regulatory compliance. Formulates and manages own career path. Position requires planning and scheduling of Maintenance activities. Planning and maintaining an adequate inventory of critical spare parts is required to assure minimum downtime of critical equipment and systems. Candidate must be available for unscheduled work on short notice and for call-in emergency situations and for consultations as needed. Maintain working contact with other managers, supervisors and personnel in planning and executing such work as is necessary to maintain production with a minimum of downtime and cost effectiveness while complying with cGMP, OSHA, and HES policies and procedures. Maintain working contact with outside contractors, vendors, technicians, operations and area engineers to promote team atmosphere with a direct sense of ownership of equipment. Maintain a working relationship with the Human Resource Department in the handling of personnel issues and exchange of information.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication. Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products, Outlook and any applicable systems needed for maintenance.
• Technical expertise in all types of troubleshooting of Electrical systems. Knowledge of various types of process equipment used in multiple plant processes. This position will be involved in complicated process or control issues as they arise and provide technical and engineering solutions.
• Demonstrated high degree of independent work and sound decision making.
• Capable of performing engineering calculations.
• Able to read and fully understand technical documentation (i.e. piping and instrument diagrams, instrument loop diagrams, electrical schematics, precision machine part drawing, programmable ladder logic, mechanical assembly, software function documents, sequence of operations, Original Equipment Manufacturer information in order to effectively complete tasks.
• Willing to initiate and drive system change as needed for robustness of systems. Able to specify new field equipment that follows plant standards for material clearance and ease of maintenance.
• Possess and demonstrate a high level of working knowledge and aptitude with thermodynamics, compressed gases, hydraulics, high purity water systems, pumps, valves, programmable logic controllers, human machine interfaces, robotics, variable frequency drives, digital control systems (Delta V, ABB, Andover). Capable of software program parameter and logic states review to facilitate troubleshooting and remediation.
• Able to define scope, specifications, and work with vendors to implement various projects as assigned including supporting the commissioning and validation of the equipment and any Computerized Maintenance Management System requirements.
• Experienced and proficient with design/layout, along with the proven ability to work independently, delivering solid, reliable solutions to un-reliable or obsolete equipment and/or processes.
• Knowledge of industrial plant safety and environmental requirements including Process Safety Management and Risk Management Plans
• Electrical Distribution & Medium Voltage Switchgear Experience