For more info & to apply: Shipper Receiver
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
SHIFT: 1st shift
HOURS: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The Shipper Receiver is responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the receiving, storing, and shipping of raw materials, products, equipment, and samples by unpacking and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods, rejecting damaged items where necessary and picking, packing, staging and loading temperature-sensitive finished goods for shipment to distribution partners and customers.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Unload inbound freight, verify accuracy of shipper's and carriers' counts, verify condition of goods received. Notes any discrepancies and brings to the attention of the supervisor. Sorts and labels raw materials according to procedures.
- Prepares receiving records for and delivers incoming non-inventory items to departments and obtains receipt for goods delivered. Maintains files of delivery receipts for non-inventory items.
- Selects, picks, labels and delivers off-tested inventory items to manufacturing in accordance to procedures and sanitizes as required.
- Prepares outbound freight for shipment. Includes marking and strapping cases and paperwork preparation. Picking orders, packing according to customer request, special marking and delivery if needed. Prepares Bills of Ladings and transportation documents. Performs TSA screening in accordance with TSA protocols and Grifols policies and procedures.
- Loads outbound freight. Obtains carriers signatures for outbound goods. Sets up special pickup and delivery at any time requested.
- Move on-test finished goods from packaging to B100 on-test area. Move off-test finished goods to proper storage areas. Verifies count of finished goods received to off-test document. Reports discrepancies to supervisor. Takes inventory and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Apply stickering to US labeled product identified for export. Prepare and pack frozen export paste shipments with dry ice in a +5 degree cold room.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition and documents cGMP housekeeping logs.
- Safely operate fork trucks and shuttle trucks.
- Use SAP and SAP Console to perform inventory functions.
- Must be familiar with plant hazardous materials procedures.
- Maintains forklift batteries as to proper charge and water levels.
- Collects empty wooden pallets from plant corridors and moves serviceable and unserviceable pallets to the warehouse. May help load unserviceable pallets when they are to be removed.
- Maintains warehouse housekeeping to meet GMP requirements, including skylights, docks and etc.
- Handles return goods, segregating product awaiting QO disposition or return to stock according to procedures.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of outbound freight for shipment. Includes marking and strapping cases and paperwork preparation. Picking orders, packing according to customer request and specifications, special marking and delivery as required.
- Responsible for accuracy of outbound freight. Sets up special pick-up and delivery at any time requested.
- Responsible for storage, withdrawl and delivery of hazardous raw material throughout the facility.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must pass a Security Threat Analysis by TSA for this position. Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Requires basic computer skills. Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50lbs. Prolonged standing during an entire shift.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice. Must be able to perform all basic math functions.
Shipper Receiver - Requires high school diploma, or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of related warehouse experience or production activities. Previous experience with fork truck operations is preferred.
Senior Shipper Receiver - Requires high school diploma, or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of warehouse or production experience. Previous experience with fork truck operations is preferred.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Exposure to chemicals and to electrical manufacturing equipment and moving machinery. Exposure to high levels of noise. Occasional entry into confined spaces, requiring kneeling, crawling and squatting. Works at heights on scaffolding and/or on ladders. Operates forklifts, tractors and power equipment. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, safety shoes, gloves and hearing protection. May walk; stand, bend and twists waist for 2-4 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Repetitive foot movement. Light to moderate lifting and carrying of 15-44lbs. for 2-4 hours per day. Heavy lifting and carrying of 45lbs.and over for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 75lbs. Exposure to cold temperatures at 41 degrees F while working in the +5 cold room. Hearing acuity essential. Depth perception and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Performs simple and repetitive tasks that vary little each day by following a set of written or oral
instructions/procedures. Maintains work pace to meet production standards.