For more info & to apply: Sr Supervisor, Manufacturing
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The Sr. Supervisor, Manufacturing oversees a smaller Manufacturing operation and/or Technical group. Executes assignments of high complexity and develops solutions for defined problems in order to meet objectives in accordance with cGMP, Safety Regulations and production schedule. Analyzes processes and operations to develop and execute plans in order to meet departmental objectives as well as business objectives. May provide input on budgeting process and actively ensuring spending is controlled through budgetary approvals (PO's/Invoices). Promote, champion and lead employee’s awareness of company/department/site goals, expectations, policies and procedures.
Primary responsibilities for role (level-specific responsibilities should be included in the chart below):
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and implement new technologies and materials within the manufacturing process.
- Experience analyzing data for trends using Excel or JMP, providing supported conclusions and suggesting changes/improvements based on that analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and troubleshoot complex issues utilizing sound judgment and knowledge of GMP requirements.
- Experience writing reports/detailed memos in support of incidents and regulatory requests (or other documents relevant to production).
- Experience with multiple purification unit operations (UF/DF, Chromatography, nanofiltration etc).
- Manage daily activities associated with the production plan for an assigned area.
- Manage interactions and serve as SME with partner groups (i.e. Maintenance, Quality, Tech Doc Support, etc. Research) and address complex process deviations, documentation errors, etc.
- Leads the planning and organization of specific job assignments for an assigned area in accordance with cGMP, Safety Regulations and production schedule.
- May oversee Training and Documentation Manufacturing function.
- Manage directs reports at the Supervisor and Tech Support level.
- Lead CI (continuous improvement) initiatives to drive production performance.
- Provide input on budget planning for area of responsibility.
- Authorizes approved expenditures based on guidelines (i.e. PO's, invoices, etc.)
- Responsible for HES and quality compliance.
- Review, author and execute ETPs as required
- Provide input or my sometimes lead on various project initiatives (i.e. new technology, etc.)
- Participate and provide input on appropriate employee disciplinary outcomes for high level infractions with Senior management
- Promote, champion and lead employee’s awareness of company/department/site goals, expectations, policies and procedures.
Knowledges, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Ability to lead teams and promote a positive and thriving team environment. Ability to troubleshoot and provide sound solutions for complex process related matters.
Education: BA/BS degree plus 5 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment. Masters degree plus 3 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.